Thursday 27 April 2017

For authors only: want book sales? Have you thought of writing a guest post? #bloggers #bookpromo #wip

Here's an author secret for you: I'm cruel to my characters!

I can't help it, but it's true. I'm evil!

I start off loving my characters, their flaws, hopes, dreams and their entire journey. As their creator I know them inside out, but after a while they get me down. In short, by the end of the rewrites and edits, and more rewrites and edits, and reading the same scene and/or dialogue over and over, and over and over some more I'm more than fed up with them. So much so I have to seek my revenge!

So, I write alternate endings to my otherwise happy ever afters and KILL my characters!

But I can't be the only one to do this? So someone please tell me that they also write alternative endings for their beloved characters!

Mine have a grisly death each time. I suppose it's a type of therapy that allows me to move on to my next book and new characters; a type of closure.

It works for me, anyway.

If anyone wants to reveal their author secret/s here on this blog like the one above (send me your book link/details in return for a byline) for WWBB's JUNE theme: Authors' Secrets.


A time-travel romance - Wide Awake Asleep

Sci-fi Romance - Eden (book 1) |
Hunted (book 2)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

If you like #syfy #alien #romance books check out this extract from EDEN

Excerpt from the book  Eden by Louise Wise Dizziness swamped her. Then sunlight fell on her in a burst of fresh, cold air as...