Monday 16 March 2015

Mentor Me: Social Network Importance Attraction Marketing Case Study

From Failure to Finding the Road to Success 


 “Really? 500,000 Amazon Sales Rank? Uhhhg…after all that time, money, and effort to write a book; then edit it, create it, release it, and market it? Are you kidding me?”

Those were my thoughts the day I hit 500,000 on Amazon for the Kindle version of my book. I almost puked and I had that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. Sleepless nights; tossing and turning in bed with no relief. 

 “What am I doing wrong?”

That was my worst week as a self-published author; the day my Amazon Sales Rank hit rock bottom.

“What now? Do I quit? Do I walk away?”

“No…I will not give up!” 
“I will figure this out and fight my way back to the road to success. First…I have to find the road. Where is this road to success?”  

Step One: Analysis.

“What went wrong? I must be missing something.”

After reading, searching, and realizing I missed the boat; I had my answer.

I had no real social network, no plan for attraction marketing, and no real footprint online besides my website, non-social networks (as I was not working them), which was resulting in…you guessed it: almost no sales! 

The Importance of Creating a Social Network

So here I was, about six months after birthing my baby, Mentor Me: GA=T+E—A Formula to Fulfil Your Greatest Achievement, when I realized my biggest mistake: I had no real social network!

Yes, I had the appearance of a social network. I had accounts set up on Twitter, Google Plus, Facebook, LinkedIn, Goodreads, and Pinterest…but I was not really working them or growing them.

There was no attraction marketing taking place. I had no audience and no real presence in the world of social networks. There was certainly no attraction to the marketing of my book.

So what did I do? 

Step Two: I made a plan; I made a commitment.

I decided to build my author platform and I launched a forty-five day blitzkrieg designed to create a real social network starting from scratch.

I went from almost no one to having hundreds of friends on Goodreads, over six hundred in my circle on Google Plus (from almost no views to over 59,000+ profile views), hundreds of friends on LinkedIn, almost seven hundred followers on Pinterest, over sixteen hundred followers on Twitter, over three hundred Facebook likes for my Facebook book page, over eighteen hundred friends on Facebook, and almost two thousand friends on Vkontakte.

Most importantly: people are now coming to me to add me to their social networks. My social networks are growing; attraction marketing is working! 

Now that is commitment! Presently when I post messages to my social networks, I reach thousands of people versus almost no one.

The result…my last 99 cents Kindle promotion along with working my social networks pushed Mentor Me to number one in its niche at the end of January! Yes…#1 Bestseller!

Okay, it did not stay there and it was not at #1 for long, but I did it! I engineered a way to get to #1, and now I know how to do it for future promotions.

The race to get your book to the top is a series of sprints: a marathon of sprints and promotions. The good news is, now I understand the formula to get there and gain more visibility, which means eventually I might stay there, at or close to the #1 Bestseller in my niche. 

 At least I can say I have been there, #1 Bestseller in Business Mentoring and Coaching; I hit that milestone I set for myself.

Now Make a Plan and Work Your Social Network

So how did I do it?

Step Three: Implementation.
It began with an epiphany. I spotted one of the quotes from my book online, and of all places, in The Netherlands! I conduct a Google search for my name and my book name on a routine basis as a report card of my online reach. To my surprise, at the top of a webpage, which was all in a completely different language (Dutch), I saw my name and a quote from Mentor Me.

The quote must have been taken from the quotes I placed on Goodreads many months ago around the launch of my book.

So an idea was born for viral marketing, attraction marketing, and working my social networks. People like quotes and to share pictures of quotes; I decided to create photos of quotes from my book and share these in all my social networks.

I had an idea. I had a plan. I had focus! I began following/friend requesting people like a mad man on my different social networks and all the while I began posting photo quotes I created from quotes in my book.

I also released the photo quotes into the public domain so I can encourage more people to use them in their blogs and send them to their friends. Attraction marketing and working my social networks with a concerted plan made my last 99 cents Kindle promotion a success!

#1 Bestseller in my niche never would have happened unless I had been working my social network. The moral of the story…it is never too late to commit to working your social networks as I did so late in the game.

Even if you start from next to nothing like me, if you work your social network and create some attraction marketing for yourself…you can hit #1 Bestseller in your niche!

I am proof, from six months after complete failure and a 500,000 Amazon Sales Rank to #1 in my niche via an attraction marketing social networking blitzkrieg!

If you have not yet read “Mentor Me,” you can pick up your copy through my website, www.mentormegate.com, or from its page on Amazon

  MENTOR ME GATE
Happiness. Success. Motivation. Influence. Inspiration.



Groundbreaking Practical Self-Help, Mentoring, Coaching, Personal Success, Business Guide

We all want to have success and happiness in every area of our lives, as well as be a positive influence and inspiration to other people. But too often, we get lost in our resolutions to do just that, having no idea where to start or how to get there.



This book is the perfect guide! Fun, Concise, Succinct, Proven, and Filled with Wisdom!

Amazon - Kindle
Amazon - Paperback
Barnes  Noble - Paperback
Author Website
Successful mentor and coach Ken Poirot provides answers and walks you through in this groundbreaking book, Mentor Me: GA=T+E—A Formula to Fulfill Your Greatest Achievement!

Finally a Real-World Practical Self-Help, Mentoring, Coaching, Personal Success, Business Book!



In Mentor Me, you will discover:

- How to formulate a plan to achieve your dreams

- Your personality style and how it relates to the personality styles of other people

- How to most effectively learn new information, motivate yourself, and others

- The two most powerful words in the English language and how to put them to work for you

- The best-and most effective-way to handle any conflict in life

- And so much more...



Mentor Me delivers what other books only promise: real-world strategies, techniques, and information that produces effective, tested, and proven results!



Easy-to-implement directives and personal life illustrations combine to provide readers with the pathway to success they have only previously dreamed about.



There are also some fun "smile" moments included along the way...

Begin reading and following the plan found in Mentor Me today and step-by-step, you will transform your life!



A Fun and Simple Self-Help, Mentoring, Coaching, Personal Success, Business Book!


Ken Poirot grew up on Long Island, New York in the quaint village of Northport. After graduating from Cornell University with a B.S. in Microbiology, he moved to Houston, Texas to pursue his Ph.D. studies in Cancer Research at MD Anderson Cancer Center through UT Health Science Center. Upon receiving a US Patent for his research, Lipid Complexed Topoisomerase I Inhibitors, he left graduate school for a career in financial services.

            Ken's Website / Blog / Twitter / Wikipedia / Goodreads / Facebook / Pinterest /Google+

Over the last two decades, he worked for many of the top financial services firms--some better known New York Stock Exchange-listed companies like American Express, Charles Schwab, Merrill Lynch (now part of Bank of America), JP Morgan Chase, as well as some smaller New York Stock Exchange-listed companies like Cullen/Frost Bankers (NYSE: CFR) and Guaranty Bank (now part of BBVA, NYSE: BBVA).

As the Senior Vice President and Sales Manager for Frost Investment Services, the brokerage division of Frost Bank (NYSE:CFR), he led his department to four consecutive years of double- digit revenue growth, increasing revenue by over 83% while substantially increasing the profit margin from approximately 27% to 37%. During this same time period, his financial advisors increased their individual production from an average of less than $25,000 in revenue per month to over $41,000. He achieved similar results at various other firms, including Guaranty Bank and JPMorgan Chase, consistently increasing the sales of his territories/producers by double-digits as a regional manager and personal/professional coach.



Follow the entire MENTOR ME Tour!


Brought to you by Worldwind Virtual Book Tours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

If you like #syfy #alien #romance books check out this extract from EDEN

Excerpt from the book  Eden by Louise Wise Dizziness swamped her. Then sunlight fell on her in a burst of fresh, cold air as...